This is 100% vegetarian burger recipe, I am sure you would appreciate the taste
and texture of yam/suran in the place of potatoes.
- Grate carrots, cut green beans, chop onions and cilantro, mince ginger and garlic or use 1 tsp. of ginger-garlic paste, and take some corn too.
- Cook the yam pieces in boiling water until tender and drain the water.
- Mash the cooked yam by pressing down with fork, it doesn’t have to be smooth.
- In a skillet, heat 3 tsp of oil and fry some fennel seeds and then saute the chopped onions and giner and garlic.
- Saute the green beans, once they soften add the grated carrots, corn and cilantro.
- Add the mashed yam and then add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and salt.
- Mix well and cook for 5 mins. Turn off the heat and sprinkle 1 tbsp of besan (gram flour/chick peas flour) and squeeze in the juice of 1/8 th of a lemon and mix well.
- Allow the mixture to cool down and them shape into patties.
- In a skillet heat about 1 tbsp of oil and place the patties gently. Cook in low heat and cook each side for 3-4 minutes.
- Assemble the burger as you like and enjoy with your favorite sides.