This is my attempt to re-create the “prasadham” I enjoyed in my hometown temple when I was a kid (when temple visits were culinary experiences 🙂 )…..I remember sprinting around the navagrahas so that I can get my share from the priest. I guess it was the offering for Saturn (Saneeshwararn)…..
- Cook 1 cup of rice and allow it cool down.
- black sesame seeds, red chillies, urad dhal and channa dhal
- Fry urad dhal, channa dhal, chillies and sesame (in the same order) in a tsp of sesame oil.
- After they cool down grind them into a coarse powder ( which looks like top soil ) 🙂
- For the final seasoning you need curry leaves, peanuts and mustard seeds.
- Fry the mustard seeds, curry leaves and peanut in a tsp of sesame oil.
- To the cooked rice, add the sesame powder and the fried seasoning.
- Mix them all together and add salt to taste. Also drizzle a tsp of sesame oil and mix.