No, its not halloween and this is not one of Dr.Seuss’s recipes 🙂 Its just pasta with some stir fried green veggies and a simple green chutney.
- I am using angel hair pasta. Any pasta , noodles or vermicelli will do. Cook the pasta according to box instructions.
- To make the green chutney you will need a bunch of mint leaves and a bunch of cilantro. If you get cilantro with thin stems, use the stems too as they are packed with flavor.
- You will also need green chillies and ginger.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the green chillies and ginger and then saute the mint and cilantro.
- Allow them to cool for a couple of minutes and then grind them to a chutney. Add little water if needed.
- For the stir fry I am using green peppers and green peas. I also have one jalapeno, seeds removed and thinly sliced.
- Heat oil in the pan and saute the veggies.
- Add the pasta to the pan for a quick saute.
- Add the green chutney and mix well.
- Keep mixing until every angel hair has its good share of the chutney.
Sprinkle some parmesan if you wish. (This is a very simple recipe with the basic green chutney. The chutney is multi purpose, it can be used in sandwiches, wraps or even as salad dressing.)