Two ingredients. Two steps….. A chutney that is too good.
- Red chillies, Campari tomatoes cut in half. (Any thin skinned tomatoes will work)
- In a wok, heat 3 tsp. of oil and roast the red chilles.
- Keep the roasted chillies aside and in the same wok, place the tomatoes in a single layer, with the cut side facing up. Roast for 3-4 minutes.
- Turn the tomato halves and roast for another 5 minutes.
- Flip one more time if needed and roast thouroughly.
- Grind the roasted red chillies and the roasted tomatoes with salt to a paste. Serve the chutney with dosas or idlis or puris. You can also spread the chutney on bread and toast it.